- Tailor-make post-natal menu, including nutritional soup, chicken wine, herbal tea, ginger fried rice, pork knuckles and ginger stew, etc., according to the mother’s physical condition and needs to faciliate recovery
- Assist in breast feeding (if necessary)
- Prepare ginger bathing water
- Help relieve the emotional stress of the mother
- Escort for medical follow-up consultation (if necessary)
The service period is to be mutually agreed by the employer and the post-natal care helper, which can vary from a few days to a few months depending on needs. In general, the service of post-natal care is one month, with five or six days’ work a week, and 6 to 24 hours’ work a day.
There are relatively fewer post-natal care helpers who could work for 12 hours or more a day.